“Western view of the Theological Seminary at Andover”
This original hand tinted wood engraving was included as a miniature illustration in John Warner Barber’s Historical Collections of Massachusetts, published in Worcester in 1839. It shows the Theological Society at Andover which was founded 1807. The Theological society was independent from the Academy although they shared a Board of Directors. The seminary left this location in 1908, leaving its key buildings to become the heart of the modern Andover campus.
2 3/4 x 4 inches image size, 7 x 9 inches sheet.
Wood engraivng hand tinted.
Very good condition trimmed and laid on sheet.
or click to inquire about this print.